The Glorious Church

Visit www.GloriousChurch.com

In light of the terrorist threat, what should the Christian position be concerning the use of these full-body scanners at airports and elsewhere? How do we maintain consistency in our values yet protect ourselves as best as possible from terrorism?

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now we know our government would never lie to us ... would they?

Feds now admits to storing naked body images from full body X-ray scanners

http://www.naturalnews.com/029378_full_body_scanners_images.html

So can we believe what we are told about;
-vaccines
-Oklahoma
-Iraq
-Iran
-Israel
-Gulf Oil Spill
-Hopey changey stuff?
It's true: Airport body scanners could give you cancer.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030079_airport_body_scanners_cancer.html
How to opt out of the TSA's naked body scanners at the airport...and what will happen.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030100_naked_body_scanners_airport.html
From ABC News (November 11, 2010):
A Washington, D.C. resident has formed a website critical of TSA pat-down procedures, calling on people to "opt out" on one of the busiest travel days of the nation. "Getting a plane ticket doesn't mean you're consenting to someone being able to look under your clothes or feel your genitals," said Sodergren during a phone interview with ABC15. Sodergren wants passengers, pilots and flight attendants to "opt-out" of the X-ray body scanners and go through the pat down procedure. "It's too much, I don't want my wife or my child going through the pat-downs and have their genitals touched, people need to understand what's going on," said Sodergren.

Sodergren, a healthcare professional who says he flies often for business, is calling for passengers to opt for the pat-down procedure on November 24, 2010, which is the day before Thanksgiving and one of the busiest travel days of the year. Sodergren says he's not attempting to overwhelm the security checkpoints by urging people to experience the procedure. "I have no intention to or no desire to slow people down or the system down or make people miss their flights," said Sodergren. "I just want people to know the body scanners and especially pat-downs are just way too much, we have a right to privacy."
I agree with Sodergren!
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Wikipedia says "The amendment specifically also requires search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause."

Regarding the TSA, Wikipedia says "The TSA was created by the federal government in response to the September 11, 2001 attacks. Prior to its creation, security screening was operated by private companies that had contracts with either an airline or a consortium contracted by multiple airlines that utilize a given terminal facility."

Since there is no probable cause and no search warrant, could this be a 4th Amendment violation? Perhaps this is an unintended consequence of federalizing airport security.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by David Huston.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service